Oudtshoorn is not a town widely marketed as a fishing destination. Is this post about fishing though? No, it is about fifteen reasons you may and should get hooked ON Oudtshoorn next time you visit.
Consider visiting our majestic region for longer, because you may be pleasantly surprised to find the following here:
- Standard and adventure tours at the Cango Caves
- Art Galleries of De Rust and Oudtshoorn
- Ostrich show farms
- Minwater eco experience with the uniquely beautiful flora of Oudtshoorn
- Meerkat adventures
- Oudtshoorn ballooning
- Cango Wildlife Ranch – a sanctuary for big cats, a breeding facility for cheetahs
- Elephant feeding experience
- Souvenir shops and ostrich leather boutiques
- Horse riding
- Wine, olive and witblits tastings
- Swartberg mountain tours, hiking, lunches and,
- a Circle route tour via the Swartberg mountain, Prins Albert and De Rust back into Oudtshoorn
- Skydiving and helicopter flips
- Donkey trails to “Die Hel” Adventure activities and Rust & Vrede waterfalls, such as quad bike rides, caving, abseiling and kiking
Not convinced yet?
Then come for the fishing. Stompdrift, Raubenheimer and Calitzdorp dams are bespoke fishing locations and are all located around Oudtshoorn. Fish species in this area includes barber, black bass, yellow fish, forel and carp.